top of page

From a paper lining:

This is a piece of H M Ship Gibraltar built by the Spaniards on the Island of Cuba and launched in the Year 1751 by the name of Phoenix, (FENIX) captured by Sir George Rodney in the Year 1780. Commanded by Admiral Langara the Admirals Flag was presented to His Majesty George the Third by his Son Prince William Henry then a Midshipman in the Fleet - She was taken to pieces in Pembroke Dock Yard 1836.

Table snuff box, engine-turned.

c 1840

SNUFF BOX. CUBAN MAHOGANY FROM HMS GIBRALTAR.

AU$275.00Price
    bottom of page